1.09.2008

Wiring Complete

After wiring the circuit board and heaters, I gained a lot of momentum. I wired all the potentiometers, jacks, and connected all the jumpers from the circuit board to the tube sockets. I used a lot more solder than I had anticipated, but everything went together without too much hassle.


These are just some shots of the rat's nest I have created:


Here you can see the mess I've assembled. I tried to keep things as tidy as possible, and even so things look a little out of control.



A photo of the potentiometers. Notice how the solder tabs all angle inwards. I did it this way to keep wire runs as short as possible, and to make it easier to get a soldering iron in and make the connections.



A close-up of the vibrato tube socket connections.



A bit overwhelming, no?



Here is the AC power cord and power transformer area. Using wire ties keeps things neat. Notice the extra supports on each side of the transformer.

No comments: